Contact person: Leontiev Mikhail
Email address: email@example.com
Contact number: 89261137749
The Digital Insurer Startup InsurTech Award
R-Telematica team has been working on telematics and navigation market since 2008 and has developed a number of solutions like mobile navigation system Progorod (covers 60 countries and works without internet connection, mapping solution for Google (covers the territory of Russia), navigation solutions for one of the country's largest mobile operator, driving style evaluation solutions for carsharing companies. Currently the company employs 20 full-time professionals based in Moscow, Russia and is focused on development of StartCASCO platform - a deviceless telematic solution for usage-based car and motorcycle insurance.
The solution provides the following benefits to car and motorcycle users:
- customized tariffs depending on personal driving style and vehicle usage;
- individual discounts “how and when you drive”-based (both historical and for the last trip);
- cheaper insurance premium, especially for young drivers and low-mileage drivers;
- insurance premium is paid within a year after each trip, not prepaid for the next year;
- user can choose which trips (or days) to insure – all or particular;
- car while not moving (>95% of time) is always insured by low tariffs (monthly paid, for example);
- special discounts while driving in slow traffic (50% and more from base tariff, when < 10km/h); - after certain trip minutes the system switches to daily tariff and stops additional charges that day; - extra benefits for families with multiple cars, for those sharing cars with friends, etc.; - economic incentive for safe driving (to get bigger discount on each trip, by safe driving); - faster accident assistance and support; - rewards for loyalty. The solution provides the following benefits to insurance companies: - increasing customers' loyalty by individual pricing, based on individual vehicle usage style; - attracting new customers by cheaper insurance premium and flexible payment schedule; - advanced risk management tools: insurance company can segment clients with high precision; - built-in analytics allow to analyze accidents fast, remotely and in deep details; - efficient fraud prevention; - reduction of claim handling costs; - portfolio improvement: insurance company can filter “good” clients and repel “bad” ones; - better communication with customers resulting in increased customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty; - better insight and understanding of customer behavior. The platform includes the following elements: - weather, mapping and traffic services; - data receiving and archiving subsystems; - scoring subsystem; - mobile application server and client mobile applications for iOS and Android; - statistical and payment services; - telematic web-portal for insurer with accident analysis, client management and financial reporting. StartCasco has been commercially launched in Russia with mid-tier insurance companies and leading carsharing companies and is under implementation with one of the market leaders. Negotiations with insurers in Europe and Asia are under way. Along with commercial use there is free demo mode built in mobile application (available for free in AppStore and Google Play), allowing to evaluate driving style and future insurance expenses.